*COVID-19 & Your Biz*
The Mission Chamber Team will be working hard to update the section as often as possible to provide you a one-stop resource for information. * President, Ellen Ngyuen will be updating the membership on the Mission Chamber's plan to assist in membership renewals.
Services Canada Brochures
Community Outreach Liaison Services (COLS) team as attached;
• Applying for Employment Insurance (EI)
• Work-Sharing program
• Employment Insurance (COVID related) sickness benefits.
Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation COVID
- CMHC is working to address mortgage payment difficulties. They’ve said on Twitter that they are collaborating with lenders to allow payment deferral of up to six months.
BC Construction Safety Alliance
The BCCSA has compiled a great list of resources here.
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) has resources available including:
- Small Business Loan: Up to $100,000 can be obtained online in as little 48 hours from time of approval.
- Working capital loan: Get extra funds to bridge cash flow gaps and support everyday operation
- Purchase Order Financing: Increase your cash flow to fulfill domestic or international orders with very flexible terms.
- BDC’s Advisory Services experts are offering tools and support to review your financial management and operations.
Export Development Canada
- Export Development Canada (EDC). In partnership with the federal government and Canadian banks, EDC will ensure customers impacted by COVID-19 have access to credit.
- Employment and Social Development Canada: Several measures are available to assist employees who have been laid off, or are unable to work due to quarantine. This includes: waiving the one-week waiting period for EI sickness benefits, and priority application processing for related claims.
- Work-Sharing Program: Work-Sharing is a federal government adjustment program designed to help employers and employees avoid layoffs when there is a temporary reduction in the normal level of business activity that is beyond the control of the employer. Temporary special measures