As the Voice of Business, the Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce works towards making the region a competitive place to do business. That’s why advocacy is core to our mandate.
Working with the municipality and through partnerships with Economic Development, we are able to ensure that business concerns are heard.
Collaboration with Chambers in the Fraser Valley and as a member of the BC Chamber of Commerce, we work with regional, provincial and federal policymakers to improve our business environment.
Recent accomplishments have included: Inter-municipal Business Licensing, adoption of our policy on Remediation Standards for Substance affected homes, and the development of our Fraser River - Economic Importance of the Lower Fraser River Report (undergoing updates).
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
Join our Government Affairs Committee
Are you interested in helping us shape public policy? Are you an expert in your field, with a passion for strengthening the local business community?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Name & Title
Contact info (Phone & Email)
Please take the time to answer the following questions in your submission:
- Are you currently a Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce Member?
- Why are you interested in joining this committee?
- What unique expertise would you bring to the committee table?
- How do you hope to benefit from committee membership?
- How did you hear about our committee?
- What other organizations are you currently affiliated with?
- All committee members must be Members of the Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce in good standing.
- All committee members must sign a Code of Conduct agreement as well as appropriate confidentiality agreements.
- Regular attendance and participation is expected for all MRCC Committees
Govt Affairs Committee Work Timeline
1. Monthly Meeting - 2nd Wed at 11:30am
2. Sept/Oct - Review expiring policies
3. Nov/Dec - Survey Members about policy to bring to next AGM
4. Jan/Feb - Develop Policy
5. Mar - Send policy to BC Chamber
6. June - Send policy to Canadian Chamber